Why Learn to Stand Up Paddle Board with Boardsports?
- Boardsports School & Shop has been teaching beginner lessons every season since 2002. We offered the first SUP lesson program in the Bay!
- We have enjoyed being voted "Best of the Bay" for several years in a row and we invite you to see what our customers say about us on our Testimonials page.
- We enjoy exclusive teaching rights at 2 of the best beach locations in the Bay Area - Crown Beach Alameda and Coyote Point Park in San Mateo.
- We have long sandy beaches and shallow warm water. Learn at these two ideal paddling locations where you can come back to rent a board on your own.
- We also offer a full retail shop and can outfit you with all of the gear including stand up paddle board, paddle, leash, and wetsuit.
STAND UP PADDLE (A.K.A. SUP) LESSONS:
Stand Up Paddle Boarding is the hottest new craze taking over water sports. It's ease of learning and great core workout attracts water enthusiasts of all types. SUP is part paddling, part balancing, part surfing. On flat inland water, you can cruise and glide while touring the local sites. On small swells, you can easily paddle into and ride the waves. You can also take your SUP board and put a windsurf sail on it - a multi-sport blast! After your lesson, come rent a SUP board at one of our beach locations.
Beginner Weekend Group - Sat & Sun
Beginner Weekday Group - Mon-Fri - 30% off!
Beginner Private - Mon-Sun
Price / What's Included
$69 for 1 1/2 Hour Lesson
Includes instruction, board rental, & paddle
Ages 12 and up
When are Lessons Offered?
Alameda: Saturday 9am-10:30am
Alameda: Sunday 9am-10:30am
*Sept/Oct 2013 San Mateo SUP not available due to construction to rebuild waterfront.
Private Lessons: 7 days a week, see below
Ages 12 and up
- Equipment Overview & Safety Awareness
- Balancing and Stance
- Paddle Strokes
- Steering and Turning Around
- Techniques for Flat Water Recreation, Racing, and/or Wave Riding
- Gear Discount $200 Off Coupon towards purchase of board/paddle/accessories